Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #20
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaust
Paull, have you ever found a way to recondition the aluminium panel that sits in the console. I have one i want to get recovered in the original vinyl sort of stuff.
Not knowing as I have a new one;

However, I would think that you could remove the existing vinyl material and ask a Trimmer or the likes if they can either heat shrink or vacuum wrap some new vinyl onto it. I also would have thought that the companies that restore consoles could perhaps do it for you????

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Everything is brand new!! Obviously you had all the bits re done ... who did the re chroming? When do you envisage the job to be done or you havnt set a time line?
This is the company that did it;
http://www.classicautoupholstery.com.au/

How long is a piece of string Dave????? Sorry, really don't know when it is going to be done as everything else keeps getting in the way. I don't see much more being done on the car for the rest of the year, just don't have much time to spare. And no, there has been no real time limit set as I simply look at it as being 'the car will be done when it gets done'. I am also doing another one as well - XD ex pursuit car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
looking very nice paull,i know what your saying bout the diff gears ,i use my cobra nearly every day for work etc so il leave mine with long legs(more practical) ,but i wouldnt of thought going to 3.25 wasnt a big deal,i went from 2.7 or what ever they are to 3.7 (in my yellow xc)still steetable but boy big difference at the lights but pretty crap on the highway cheers pat
Thanks Pat. The car will only be a once in a month Sunday driver so I am not too concerned about using it on long runs and everday as well. I have two sets of tyres, 1) 4 x 245 65 15's on the aforementioned 15 x 7 rims and then 2) 2 x 265 ? 15's on 15 x 8 Challenger rims (front) and 2 x 295 ? 15's on 15 x 10 Challenger rims. All of them are Yokohama 352's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
3.25 should be somewhere around the 2500 mark ?
That sounds pretty good, thanks for that Dave.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote