View Single Post
Old 24-04-2019, 09:43 AM   #218
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Aside from the ride being a bit firm for my liking, the car drove as if it was on rails.
Yep, agree. At low speeds the 18’s are firm, but the way in which they still cushion impressed me. It’s firm, but I quite liked the way it rode.

Quote:
The Ecoboost engine was very responsive, and while it's not hot-hatch quick, it doesn't struggle to get off the line at the lights. I like engines that give great low end response, and this three cylinder behaves like a much bigger engine.
And again, agree. It’s no hot hatch, but the thrum it produces, and the way it gets up and going is so involving even though it’s not that quick. The chassis balance and handling is great, makes me think the true ST and RS models are going to be incredible.

Quote:
What I don't like is the black roof lining, lack of rear air vents, and lack of leather. Not even a fully optioned Titanium, which I sat in (but didn't drive) at the dealer, gets full leather, and I think that's a little disappointing at this price. Also lacks full electric passenger seat adjustment or electric tailgate, which are not even available as options. Can't remember if it had full electric driver's seat adjustment, or if it was just the seat base. I would've liked a bit more kit in both the ST-Line and the Titanium, to be honest.
And again, couldn’t agree more, and this is my problem. The car ticks so many boxes, but the way Ford has specified the vehicle makes me scratch my head. I think if the Titanium had full leather, front sensors standard like any other Titanium and a power adjustable passenger seat it’d be fine, but the ST-Line needs to be specified like the ST-Line X in the UK, which gets:

- Partial leather seats
- Extra padding and stitching on the center console (sounds like a **** but it makes the cabin feel more premium)
- Electric driver’s seat
- Available front sensors, HUD and B&O sound
- Rear armrest

If the ST-Line had this gear it’s be a pretty straight forward purchase. At this point I’m leaning towards Titanium, but still undecided.
2 users like this post: