View Single Post
Old 18-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #27
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Cheap Rental cars - suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
I appreciate your efforts here psychobimbo.
Those dates are correct.

I ran a few variations of where to drop off (there were 3 versions of Mel airport and I got no results with Melb Airport but did get results with Melb International)....and I was also tripping myself up by putting in pickup/drop off times that were less than 24hours, so amended that and Bingo, the results as you saw them.
I have locked in a Corolla for $42 which seems too good to be true (and you know how that can end) but I've scoured the pages and cannot see any mention of an extra large one way fee, but can see on the left hand side a "One Way Rental Confirmed".
I've hit the GO button and have received my confirmation emails telling me all is good to go!

Thank you to everybody for putting your suggestions forward.

Psychobimbo, you saved me a couple of hundred dollars - thanks a bunch for persisting with the site....I had figured yesterday they had no available cars from Adelaide and today I've locked in a car. Feels good to get that sorted and not be ripped off in the process, Thanks again
Happy to be of assistance. Let's just hope that it all turns out as good as it looks and there's no unwelcome surprises!

Let us know how it goes. I'm interested to see if it all works out ok.

Have a safe trip.

PS I think the reason you got no results for the 'Melb Airport' option is because that airport is in Florida, USA Unless it is James Bond's Lotus Esprit, it would be pretty difficult to drive form Adelaide to the USA. Plus it would take you more than just 1 day I think

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 18-10-2019 at 01:00 PM.
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: