View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
oldfaithful
Starter Motor

Question (SYD) 86 White Ford KC Laser hatch AUTO free for restorer after negotiable bond paid

Hi guys

I am not sure what happened to my earlier post . I KNOW this is not the Ford Laser Forum, but I have had no luck there - I just get guys emailing me wanting a part or probably lying about why they want it, so I am trying again here. (My nick on here is the same as Ford Laser Forums).

The car is not in great nick. It was written off after the front left side skidded off a wet road on a bend, into a roadside crash barrier. So the chassis may be cracked or not roadworthy and goodness knows what else has been damaged. It has accumulated some rust due to being outside in a backyard since 2007 and there are some minor dings and dents on it.

It was in constant use right up to my accident and has served me faithfully for 21 years, with almost no problems! Not sure how many K's it has done, from memory, about 200,000, but will confirm.

Brown trim with Tan vinyl? and fabric seats.

Bought new in 1986 and only had me as the owner/main driver.

Basically, I don't want my car pillaged for parts or salvaged for wrecking. The intention (however unrealistic) is that I will ask for a negotiable bond and pay that to the person on restoration of the vehicle, so I can photograph it. That is all I ask. What could be more reasonable than that?

I haven't got all the Tech Specs, but it hasn't been altered in any way, it hasn't been souped up. From memory, the Auto Transmission was replaced a few years back and some other minor mechanical work (e.g., ball bearings replaced on disc brakes), has been done. I haven't kept an up-to-date log of it.

It is basically just an original 1986 Auto Hatchback, with a Phillips Radio/Cassette player. I dunno, perhaps I am flogging a , but I await any GENUINE AND SINCERE interest.

Am happy to provide some pics if required. I am in North Shore of Sydney and would need to see the car after restoration.

Perhaps you guys can give me other suggestions or tell me whether my idea is a goer or not.

Cheers.

Last edited by oldfaithful; 06-02-2011 at 05:29 PM.
oldfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote