View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #44
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

I started when 18 , pack a day for the next 10 years until smoking was banned in the office in 1990 (aged 28) . Then smoked around 10 a day (20 on weekends). Quit a few times but only lasted 6 months tops. Gave up totally in 2008 aged 46 , used hypnotherapy.

Don't miss it at all.

What I notice most about being a non smoker now is how bad the smell of smoke is on people. I can now understand what my misses used to complain about. Especially hate it when someone who's just had a smoke gets on a train and sits next to me . It wreeks

While I've always been pretty fit and been a keen runner (despite being a smoker) I do notice that I suffer a lot more bronchitis as i've got older , which is no doubt attributed in most part to once being a smoker. Wish I'd stopped much earlier for that reason.

Mate, if you're 29 give it up NOW !

EDIT: I tried what Smurf said (ie having a packet and lighter on hand) . That was as much use as an ashtray on a motor bike. I just gave in and had one when the cravings got too much and before i knew it I was back on them.

FURTEHR EDIT: Just noticed you're coughing up blood...If that's not enough incentive to quit , not sure what is
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by GT0132; 10-05-2012 at 01:31 PM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote