View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #49
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
i smoked from age 16 to age 22. I burnt a pack of 16Mg Winfield Red's a day. This is how i gave up:

i stopped.

For about a month you'll be angry, with everyone, you'll feel like arguing with a tree if it looks at you the wrong way. After about 4 weeks you'll start to feel better.

The biggest problem will be the 'boredom moments' where you get up from your desk/computer/couch or whatever and your mind will flick a switch and say 'smoke time!'. This is what you have to beat, by chewing gum, going and learning something new on wiki, read some jokes, comics, write a letter, hey even write a journal on the process? After a few mins the craving will go. The more you fight it, the smaller the craving gets.

The other biggest issue is alcohol. I rarely have that now too, but when i did it literally went hand in hand with a smoke. Hold a pen with the other hand, a stick, twig, toothpick. A lot of the addiction is holding it, and bringing it to your mouth.

Don't waste extra money on patches, smokers gum etc, stop the expense now and know that a few weeks of hard work will pay off, big time.

I didn't snoke for as long as you, but the ones i did smoke were not light cigarettes lol. I was hooked to the point of having three in a row.

I'd say good luck but you don't need it, just look at your kids faces, then stop.
Pretty much exactly what I suggested too. Glad it worked for others too.

But **** man, 3 reds in a row? I love my Marlboro Reds, but jesus, there's no way I could do more than 2 in a row, and that's only if I'm at work just talking **** on smokeo or something!

Good to hear so many people have successfully quit. I'll bookmark this thread for when I decide to quit, it sounds very helpful.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote