View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #50
toothless
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27
I smoked for 12 years, my motivation was my fiance being pregnant with my 6yr old daughter. For some reason 1 month after she told me, I put the 20smokes I still had on the capping and never looked back. I smoked a pack maybe more each day. It was a hrad few days, but I got through it. Sounds like your health is being affected and you have kids, pretty good motivation there. I like many others know how hard it can be, I have a major heart condition but still continued smoking, but all it took was my daughter on the way to make me stop.

I reckon cold turkey is the fastest option. The nicotine is gone in 3 days. But I know what addiction is like, I gave up smoking but I am addicted to junk foods. I can not go a day without a chocolate, or biscuit or burger or something. Some days I have HJ's for breakky, macca's for lunch and pizza for dinner. I have tried so many times to stop, but I get angry, I jiggle my leg (do that most days anyway lol) and just get cravings and race to the shop, come home and down a whole pack of tim tams. I am at a loss as to what to try with that one. I am not like a gigantic fat guy who eats nothing but junk food, but I must have a daily fix of something and I am overweight.
sounds like your a bottemless pitt like me i gain up to 142kg and loose it within a few months and its the same all over i but if i start to quit smoking and ride my bike to drop the kids of at school instead of driving which mind you its only a 1km drive to there school i shouldn't have the need for the first smoke of the day because when i exercise i dont want a smoke i dont feel like a smoke either

i also bought the inhaler today aswell and that seems to be working but ouch on the refills though