View Single Post
Old 29-12-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Replacing front passenger door armrest/grab handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
As someone with 8 cars...5 AU's...and renovating a house...I can only say "Amen" to that
I've already sent an email to a guy I have been using for auto trimming...I am not sure about him yet...he's prompt, which I like...brusque, which I am not sure about yet...I think I am very happy with his roof linings (although it's much too soon to tell entirely ) ...but his leather seat work I am not sure about so far.
Maybe I am just getting what I pay for...although I have seen cheaper being advertised...in the same places I found this one...and I've got sh!t for other work paying good money. Another plus is he told me not to bother with fixing the last thing I showed him...which has to be a good sign. But as a small guy, if this needs specific equipment, he's unlikely to have it.

I'll try the wreckers on my next outing...but I am not hopeful.
Maybe I'll find some good grey ones and just vinyl paint everything?

I am also wondering if there is some treatment I should be doing to prevent this happening in the first place?

good luck! ... finding good ones for the fronts. all i can say is .. best reskin em. as to treatment . . . . keep the vinyl conditioner rubbed into it & then cover with a sacrificial cover that won't rub on the actual arm.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: