View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #103
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

I put my brakes on today, there was only about 2.5mm left on the inside pads, the outer still had a fair bit left on it (about half the original thickness). I probably could have stretched them out to 200,000ks before I was out of pads on the inside. The rotors would have easily made it that far also. I actually think I could have got 300,000ks plus from the original rotors.

In any case the new rotors and pads have improved the brakes but something's still not as good as it was when new so after we come back from this drive to QLD I'll get the brake fluid flushed and put new rear shoes in it. Made the 15,000ks since the last oil change with the cleanest oil to come out of it that I've seen yet, so I'd say it's finally worn itself into a nice fit, it hasn't needed topping up between changes since about 80,000 I guess. Early on a fair bit of oil was being burnt between changes.

I went out for a bit of a hoon to run in the brakes and discovered the abs and traction control systems are still fully operational .
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote