View Single Post
Old 27-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #1136
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

This was yesterday, but anyhow. My mate said ok to heading down to the slot car track. I have 2 cars, both stock except tyres. Only payed $10 per head for half an hour. Only a few minutes in i asked because i noticed the boredom, did you notice the lap timer? So righto, i got i to slot cars when i only had 1 functional hand, lack of anyrhing better to do. Anyrate my mate started to get into the whole push the limit thing. Clearly going slow the car wont fall off the track. So the reason i keep 2 stock cars is just for healthy competition. My kid enjoys it, others if they rent a stock car its all even. No greater reason then even competition. So yeah, the competition picked up a bit when times and bragging rights became apparent. So the half an hour was up, my mate had warmed up to the easy task but more difficult challenge of pushing limits, the guy running the place threw 2 weighted modified cars our way for a few laps. Its not my first time running a proper modified slot car. Yes they make a world of difference over a stock scaletrix car. Dropped 2 seconds on the first lap feeling the thing out kind of difference. My mate made the minor mistake, ive done it before, and got in a conversation with the track owner which is a minimum half an hour. Now, after half an hour track time my mate wants to buy a chassis and modify the thing. I keep things stock for healthy competition. I slayed yesterday in both stock cars and the modified loaners. I dont want to, but if my mate buys a chassis to modify, once he cuts faster times then me, maybe ill have to buy 2 and make sure my 10 year old puts him in his place.....
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote