View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #16
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Which cars will Australia Police force use once no more Australian made cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAussieStig30 View Post
Local coppers already have a Camry and previously had a Lancer. Paddy wagon is a Chundai i load and they also use a Hilux, only HWP in my area are Ford or GMH and Snotbox outnumber the Falcon by 10-1.

I've been annoyed with the waste of money in the police force for some time now. They should be utilizing hybrids where ever possible. Why can't they use a PriusV aa the standard police vehicle, and use the iLoad when they know they will have a customer, or after someone is arrested. There should be someone stationed at the station to do police work and be on call to collect arrested poeople, as 90% through the day, people aren't physically taken into custody, they're either fined, or given a court appearance notice. No need for a paddy wagon to be running around on jobs like breech of peace, or stupid civil things. Use a hybrid, fit it out with ANPR, when a certain area shows over X percent of unreg cars detected, bring the HWP in and leave them on operation for a week.

Oh, and I have a good idea what should happen with unlicence drivers cars, and unregistered cars being driven, too.
so your 'cost saving' proposal involves buying an extra car plus having an extra cop 'on call'? How would that save money?
plus the car crew would be tied up waiting for this 'on call' cop to arrive in the extra vehicle whenever an arrest is made
Police use a wide range of cars/vehicles currently, but HWP almost exclusively Commodore/Falcon, will be interesting to see what happens
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: