View Single Post
Old 18-07-2019, 02:31 AM   #20
TickfordTiger
Starter Motor

Default Re: ABS and Traction control turning themselves off!!

Recently I finally had my ABS / Traction Control fault FIXED finally on my AU2 Ford Fairmont 280,000kms plus ( with LPG). After a couple of years with both the ABS & Traction control light on (note: Traction light always ON which denotes turned when LPG selected) and checking all 4 wheel speed sensors / abs tone rings that fault was with the Bosch ABS module itself. After plugging in a Snap On tools EU device it showed that it could not communicate to the ABS unit or 'was not present'. I found a auto elect guy on ebay who repairs these unit ( plus Bosch ABS units for other cars also). I sent the unit to him and had it returned repaired with LIFETIME warranty! The fault is with ABS & TRACTION models for AU 1 2 3. Apparently the wire connection inside the ABS control unit is weak over time inside the ABS control unit ( where the loom is plugged into) on the side of the ABS pump. Other Fords during this AU era that have ABS only were not affected with this issue. Available on ebay : https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-AU-...r/183771054714