View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #56
Phildo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent work on the BF Brake information. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Photo Essay - Centre Console Disassembly 
Default Re: Wheels That Fit Brembo Brakes

After spending around three months trying to find a set of rims that would clear Brembo calipers, I ended up driving 948km spontaneously one night just to get the elusive set that would suit my requirements (ie clear Brembo calipers *and* be easy to keep clean).
Photo Essay - Driving 948km just to buy some wheels!

The wheels: ROH Flare 18 x 8
Not available new anymore though, but if anyone is keen then call all the ROH state managers and see if there is any old stock. There was one set of 19s at ROH WA a few weeks ago (I would have bought them but I want to stick with 18s).

The 18s clear by quite a bit - it's about 11mm at the closest point. I didn't specifically choose the chrome colour but I'm rapt with it now - the wheels look great on the Lightening Strike (ie silver) taxi.

Once the Hawk Performance ceramic pads have worn in and I get the rear calipers fitted (waiting for the correct brake lines) then I can start peeling passengers off the windscreen each night.

Read about it all at Cabloid, the web site that has stories and photos about my life driving a taxi at night.
www.cabloid.com.au
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote