View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #395
Spurious

Default Re: AC Cobra replica stolen Canberra ACT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
I hope the owner gets it back undamaged. A pox on car thieves.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-1...nberra/6023576
I have a cous in Canberra who had an identical thing happen to him. He has now moved but the incident took place in Kambah.

At the time, his garage was a double type at some units. He shared the garage with a neighbor. As it happened his door din't drop all the way to ground level due to uneven ground.

At one point, someone forced the door open & slashed the roof on his Silvia convertible in an attempt to steal it. The thieves then found some mail in the neighbors car, broke into their unit in the hope of finding keys. They did, but only to the neighbors VW GT Golf. It was presumed the thieves might have believed the garage was used by ONE tenant only, not 2.

Anyhow, the neighbors unit got sacked & the VW was found 2 days later at a local school burnt out.

My cous also had stock rims stolen from his work commy wagon whilst parked on the street.

I hate Canberra. It's rife with criminal activity & no one is immune to it.
Don't believe me, just find a carpark around lake burley griffin. Park your car, stay in it & I guarantee you within half an hour someone will spot your car & do a couple of drive bys in the hope of it being unmanned!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote