View Single Post
Old 17-03-2016, 11:54 PM   #185
El Sucio

Default Re: AU V8 models: Basic questions answered!

Evening all,
I have a question regarding making a hybrid AU2/AU3 XR8 motor. Ive posted this on fordmods but thought I would also sing out here.

I currently have a series 2 XR8, with the 200kw donk. I have an opportunity to get a hand on a 220kw motor from a wrecking XR or at least as many components as I choose.

I initially have my eye on the Tickford branded throttle body, do I need to take the MAF and airbox piping as well to make life easier?.

im also thinking of taking the heads from the series 3 XR motor, how would these components hook up to my AU2 XR cam, rods and block? Conscioys of rockers, etc.

Extractors? Both motors are running factory items.

Finally engine management, if this Franken combo works, would standard AU2 XR engine management handle this?

My current motor is fine, the possible AU3 has a busted harmonic balancer and bottom end is unknown. The yop end components look good, im just curious what is worth getting my hands on to enhance my series 2.

I wouldn't fit the heads until I have the funds to fit/purchasestroker kit as well as replace rear seal (starting to leak). However the throttle body and MAF might get bolted straight in if an easy addition.

cheers guys.

DJ

Previous Rides:
KH Laser TX3
EF Futura (RIP)
EL XR6
AU2 XR6
BA XR8
BF XR8
BF Wagon (XR6 Lookalike)
2014 Ford Ranger
2000 AU XR8 with all the options boxes ticked (RIP)

G.M.H. - Get a Mechanic...Hurry!!
El Sucio is offline   Reply With Quote