View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #16
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Vale Eddie Van Halen

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
RIP Eddie,
Best Van Halen clip IMO.

The formation landing at the end, brilliant.
Great post. RW.

5150 was the first album I was introduced to of Van Halen's and so I have a bit of a soft spot for that album and love that song. Every time i hear that, I have visions of Skyhawks! Pity they never featured Fat Albert in that vid tho.

One of my favourite memories from working in Defence was when some Skyhawks from the RNZAF visited our base. I was fortunate enough to be able to witness them dropping bombs out at the bombing range at Dutson, and then standing on the control tower a mere couple of hundred meters away from the firing line as they came in and did strafing runs. Whilst the Skyhawk is not exactly a massive weapon, it was still an experience that I won't ever forget. It was not long after that they retired the Skyhawks from service.

Anyway, back on topic; still continuing to work my way through the VH discography: starting with 1984 this morning. Damn meetings are getting in the way tho

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: