View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #28
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
You still dont get it, just because a car can go fast in a straight line doesn't make it the muscle car king of aussie performance cars

Members on here running faster times than motoring journos doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm yet to see a journo run a 12.3 in GT R Spec and I wouldn't be surprised that once the public get their hands on the new GTS that someone runs faster than 12.6.

And even if the GTS ends up only running the same time down the 1/4 as the R Spec its still the best overall aussie performance car, put the two around a track and I would guess it wouldn't even be close
Journos in nz ran the fastest times for the rspec. 12.3
But you don't get it either,......by your logic....back in the 70s the Gt was king because it was faster. But if the Holden gts came with heated seats and sticky tyres...I spose you'd say that was the muscle king back then.
Another thing....you've been hiding under a rock if you don't know hsv claimed times r never met by customers....but on the flip side.....Ford customers consistently better if not match times. So if your not questioning why there are no blistering times yet by the car thats been media blasted as the greatest and most powerfull thing since Adam n eve....then I question your understanding that these cars meet on the street with occasional blasts around the road......not the track
The thing with the Rspec is,it's launch control works...so 4.5 could be expected almost everytime . So for 100k, this supercars isn't impressing performance wise the way it should. Yet...im hoping

Last edited by 1TUFFUTE; 02-09-2013 at 03:29 AM.