View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #29
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Journos in nz ran the fastest times for the rspec. 12.3
But you don't get it either,......by your logic....back in the 70s the Gt was king because it was faster. But if the Holden gts came with heated seats and sticky tyres...I spose you'd say that was the muscle king back then.
Another thing....you've been hiding under a rock if you don't know hsv claimed times r never met by customers....but on the flip side.....Ford customers consistently better if not match times. So if your not questioning why there are no blistering times yet by the car thats been media blasted as the greatest and most powerfull thing since Adam n eve....then I question your understanding that these cars meet on the street with occasional blasts around the road......not the track
The thing with the Rspec is,it's launch control works...so 4.5 could be expected almost everytime . So for 100k, this supercars isn't impressing performance wise the way it should. Yet...im hoping
Any links to said article with journos running a 12.3 I must have missed it. I think you're still missing the point i'm trying to make, the GTS was not designed to be a one trick pony that goes fast in a straight line it was designed to be the best local all round performance car hence the brakes, suspension, diff, oil cooling and the 93k price tag.

I still think the GTS will run a quicker time than a 12.6 seeing that the ZL1 camaro's are running low 12's high 11's with the same driveline and same weight but like I said even it doesn't it's still the best all round, most complete performance car ever made in this county.