View Single Post
Old 26-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #151
kellyvb

Default Re: Ford petition for dodgy powershifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Can you explain in a bit more detail when the shudder occurs. Does it do it straight away or after driving for so many minutes/hours ie when the engine/driveline gets hot? Does it occur only when you take off, ie in comparison to a manual only on first gear take off or does it do it when it changes up to higher gears ie first to second, second to third etc. Does it doing when slowing down or whilst driving or coasting at a steady speed like on the highway etc.

Is it worse when you drive up a hill with a bit of load or weight in the car?

From what you have said above and without knowing any other information, when the clutch really shudders on take off or under load up a hill is usually a sign of some sort of contamination like oil (be it engine or transmission) or even coolant on the clutch material which causes the material to slip on the pressure plate. I wonder if they had a good look around when they did the clutch or did they just replace the clutch without looking around.

Not saying that is exactly what you have, but from your description and the limited information, it could be one of the possible causes.

Do you mind sharing what dealer you have been going to?

It goes to Bayford Ford Coburg for the repairs.

The shuddering happens on acceleration or on hills (which is handy because I live in reasonably hilly area).
It can happen when the car is hot or cold, I would say it’s worse when warmed up though.

The recall is clutch and also transmission input shaft seal, so if that’s leaking that would be causing the shuddering wouldn’t it???

It also over revs sometimes.

Last time when the car went in, it had a faulty TCM which initially they weren’t even going to replace because they didn’t bother checking it, even though I had told them the car spontaneously fails to recognise gears which had left me in dangerous situations 3 times. So that’s how great the guys are there....

And now just after three weeks it’s slowly starting to shudder again.
kellyvb is offline   Reply With Quote