Thread: MB Suspension
View Single Post
Old 28-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #20
bundybear75

Default Re: MB Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
Time for my rear end to get refreshed, the rear suspension is tired and wanting, to add to that I've a few bushes that are gone, not all completely gone but one has and the control arm has movement on the bush also so it's replacement arm time.

The front end is fine but I'll be renewing the springs and shocks anyway. I'm not interested in lowering anything at all, having a tired suspension that's already too low and under performing will do that to you lol. I don't want to spend $1300-1700 so have looked away from those.

I found KYB shocks allround and KYB Springs but after ordering I'm told the rear springs aren't available so they've offered Monroe replacements no difference in cost. All up with delivery (delivery was £95) £333,77 or AU$656.79.

After some verification emails it was a done deal, very happy with the communication. Once upon a time I though the time difference to the UK was a hindrance, but I've changed my tune, last night at my own leisure emails were flowing nicely and the account setup verified and order processed. Pleasant mob to deal with. http://www.buycarparts.co.uk/

Online Live Chat used the VIN to get all I needed which were decently discounted and they offered a further discount code at the checkout. Stoked!!!

On to the rear end control arm and other bushes, this is what sparked it off:

Happy to report I found a kit for all my problems:£199+Del (ended up AU$480 delivered)
https://s31.postimg.cc/h1el7vpsb/image.jpg

Quite happy to have it all ordered and wait for it to arrive and square it away. I probably won't be fitting the Semi Trailing arm bushes as they are still serviceable but will be nice to have. The kit without them was £30 less so I didn't mind the cost.
Sorry to excavate an old post, but I need to replace most of the bushes on the rear of my MC wagon along with the shocks and struts. You wouldn't have a link to the kit you purchased would you?
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote