View Single Post
Old 14-10-2020, 04:37 PM   #14
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default GST on imported car parts.

A few points:

- Gst applicable for goods over Aud1000... for goods under aud1000 you won’t pay it at the border, only if the supplier is registered with ATO (sells more than Aus75k a year to Australia) and charges it on the invoice.
- Gst is levied in more than just goods value: its 10% of customs value + freight + insurance + duty.
- duty more than likely applicable. There are tariff concessions for certain items and certain parts that are for cars more than 30 years old (reproduction)
- you will pay a customs/aqis processing fee of $88 on top of the Gst and duty (over aud10000 it’s $190)
- If the goods are used quarantine inspection required which involves more costs
- of goods come in with FedEx/dhl express customs clearance is included in freight cost.
- as for the whole abn thing. Gst is still applicable it’s just with an abn you may be able to claim on BAS but of these are not for on selling then it won’t matter. GST deferral can be set up with you cpa so you won’t pay on import, again this is only of use if you are on selling the goods with the business and will still need to be accounted for on the BAS

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: