View Single Post
Old 19-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #21
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: GST on imported car parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Of course GST is applicable on Taxable Importations, I never said it wasn't. Goods under AUD1000 are NOT a Taxable importation though, unless:

- Goods are part of a bulk order
- Goods are Alcohol or Tobacco

Yes, if you purchase off an Ecommerce site (Ebay/Amazon/etc) then they will charge GST as part of the transaction but that's a different animal.

I do this for a living, every single day.. I work for one of the largest international express freight companies in the world. I have been licensed by ABF I'm not guessing or taking the ****. I could site multiple sources, legislation and precedents to back my point up, but I'll make it simple, below is a link to the ATO page on Non Taxable Importations. Item 26 to be exact:

https://www.ato.gov.au/business/gst/...e_importations

I was not speaking in response to OP's AUD3000 question, in his case YES GST/Duty/etc applies. I was replying in reference to another post stating ALL goods no matter WHAT the value pay GST on import.
Not sure you are right about the $1000 thing.I have bought individual,items from China with values around $10-30Aud and have been charged 10% GST
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote