View Single Post
Old 17-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #87
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: Definitive au2-au3 brake upgrade thread

Me again,
After completing the S1 to S2 slotted front rotor upgrade over a year ago and then fitting front and back braided lines and a master cylinder brace for less pedal travel , I still noticed the pedal effort was still quite high on my V8,LWB with IRS (heavy).

I then swapped the front Bendix pads for QFM premium pads, this helped but I still feel the effort required is very high (much higher then the Corolla or the wife's FG XR6).
I also recall my AU S2 work car from years ago had much lighter brakes.

I am now considering replacing the booster from S1 to S2/3 if it indeed will help.

I don't think there is a fault with my S1 booster as it holds vacuum for at least a few hours and does not hiss, I suspect the S2 booster is a dual diaphragm type which is probably the key.

If someone could confirm if the swap to a S2/3 booster is the cure, and any tricks besides drilling 4 new holes, please let me know.

Thanks,
Andrew.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: