View Single Post
Old 17-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #89
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: Definitive au2-au3 brake upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver' View Post
Or were they the same spec master cyl from S1 to S3?

If not, it seems to me that changing half the hydraulics is a bit hit and miss. Wouldn't it make sense to change the master cylinder as well as the booster?
Hi Silver,
The master cyl on the S1 has a slightly smaller bore than S2/3 so this means a longer travel to fill up the slightly larger displacement of the S2/3 front calipers (compensated by the Braided lines and Brace), if any thing the S1 Master should make it easier to press than a S2/3 Master.

I sort of suspect the S2/3 booster is a lot heftier to help move the larger bore and therefore harder to press S2/3 master cyl.

Again, I am not worried about pedal travel, but the effort required.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: