View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 11:23 PM   #14
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Buying used 2018 MD Titanium Mondeos.

My experience mirrors others.

MA Zetec diesel sedan owned for 9 years - middle 6s fuel economy and no obvious indications of DPF regenerations.

MD Titanium diesel wagon owned for 18 months - middle 5s fuel economy and no obvious indications of DPF regenerations.

And I'll take issue with some posters comments about build quality in so far as if you want a vehicle that gets a couple of days of inspection and panel adjustment so that alignment and gaps are measured in small parts of a millimetre then be prepared to pay up to twice the price (or beyond) that a Mondeo currently commands. In the case of our MD , yes there are some tiny misalignments, but nothing to have me generating lots of posts of complaint, and after 6 months of ownership they fade into the background of owning a well built car that, thus far, has not shown any sign of problems. I have some sympathy for owners who have been caught with mechanical problems that have left them exposed to FordOz and FordOz Dealer network with less than satisfactory results regarding resolution in a timely manner - but it just might be that they have to deal with a myriad of complaints that in the broader scheme of things are quite minor indeed.

But then I have another 30 months of factory warranty to run if anything does happen.

Seems to me that a good measure of value is to ask what you paid for the car as a percentage of your annual income and in our case that is a lot less than 50% compared with the near new car we bought in the sixties which was just beyond 100% and, although I regard that vehicle as a very good car for its time, the current Mondeo tosses that car into the weeds in every comparison.

It is a reasonable comparison, because as retired people, our annual income, in comparative terms, is pretty much the same as it was when we bought the sixties car.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: