View Single Post
Old 23-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #100
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford to start reproducing AU Falcon

I'll tell you an AU story. It was 2002 or 2003 and I was working in Western Vic, somewhere west of Casterton iirc. Hilly country with trees and open farmland. I was plodding along in my landcruiser and was overtaken by 2 AU XR6s going at full song through all the corners. A blue one and a green one, they seemed to be racing each other, or keeping close. Either they were Ford guys testing them, or locals who really knew the road. They were moving out! The cars were handling the twisty road and open stretches beautifully. I could hear them miles after they passed me, and it was a bit like being in a TV ad for the sports model of the Falcon lineup.

The memory stands out amongst a NSW Highway Patrol XR6 turbo giving chase, a VE Valiant (in metro Perth!) and a VS ute on NT unrestricted roads as some of the best high speed driving I've ever seen in this country.

The local dealer there had a red runout AUIII wagon which really appealed to me, all brand spanking new. Horsham at the time had a runout auto AUIII XR8 in blueprint. I foolishly kept saving for the house.

Last edited by Sprintey; 23-08-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote