View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #27
aufairmontghia
XR6

Took car to Computer Line & they couldn't do the 4 wheel alignment!!!! The left rear wheel was wobbling over the place......

They told me the lower control arm bush is worn & I needed to change it!!!!

The night before I jacked up the car & pulled the hand brake shoe out as I was getting a lot of noise from the left side!!! I was trying to eliminate the problem i was having.... I ran the car & it was still making noise!!!!!!

Thursday night I came home after Computer Line & wasn't convinced as I was still getting alot noise from the rear still!!!!

I jacked the car up & put it up on stands. I took the wheel off to see where the noise/grind wobble was coming from!!!!

I ran the car & noticed the caliper moving from side to side along the slide making a horrible noise.....

It looked like to me the disc was either warped or stub axle/hub was bent!!!!!

I was starting to get some answers now....

I took the car to Northern Care Care near my work during my lunch break on Friday. He drove the car & then put it on the hoist.... He ran it & saw the caliper moving quite a bit in & out together with the wheel!!!! He said the hub was bent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He priced the hub from Ford $390 & bearing $230!!! All up $720 to do the job....

HOLY CRAP..... finally some answers I was looking for!!!!

He did say I could source a good secondhand one from the wrecker & also to get an aftermarket bearing to keep the costs down......

I still will also look at the other stuff found but only after this mess is sorted...
aufairmontghia is offline   Reply With Quote