Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #82
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New to cycling

Sam

Just on the weight loss need, a lot of your progress is related to diet change.

I have been a regular gym goer, jogger, cycler etc for years..For about 20 years on and off I've done roughly 45 min a day a mix of cardio and weights..plus on weekends a 8k jog. I used to be able to eat and drink what I wanted within reason without worrying about adding weight. In the past 18 months though my weight has started to creep up to the point where I'm now 7kg overweight.

So about 6 months ago went to see a personal trainer 2 days a week for 13 weeks who started me on a program of circuit training involving weights. I did 45 min of cardio the other 3 days and 2 days rest. While I became much fitter and being able to benchpress twice what i could at the start I didn't lose one gram of weight. My problem?...I love my food too much, especially chocolate and deserts.

I don't use the trainer anymore but now but I made 2 night time meals a week out of 7 a vegetarian (ssteamed vegies with no sauces) , cut lunch down to one sandwich instead of two with tuna instead of meat and have fruit salad and muesli/yogurt for breakfast. I lost 5kg in a month. I could never give up beer and wine though. Any diet plan has to work around that little obstacle
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote