View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 02:37 PM   #1561
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post

But they have established a link between processed and red meat consumption and cancer.
You have to be careful with studies that look at this. These are typically all retrospective cohort studies (which I'm sure you know already) as you can't directly observe the hypothesis due to time and ethics.

People are generally inaccurate when it comes to self-reporting their food intakes. For these studies there are so many variables that could correlate to the onset of cancer.

There is a correlation between people who consume above average levels of red or processed meat and being overweight or obese. We know that the link between obesity and cancer (and nearly all other serious medical condition) is very high.

No diet is better than another when it comes to "weight loss". The best diet is the one you can stick to. At the end of the day, calories in versus calories out wins 99/100 (there is always an exception to the rule).

My advice to my clients is always simple:
1. Don't try to reinvent the wheel
2. Start with small and simple changes (e.g. switch out full sugar soft drink for the zero versions AND instead of two biscuits have one)
3. Try a brisk 10-15 minute walk every day
4. Tough diets are not sustainable - consistency and sustainability is key.

Anyway, I didn't know this thread existed - just thought I'd add my thoughts into the thread.

FG XR6T SILHOUETTE - 380rwkw
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: