View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #42
FlyingFord
Starter Motor

Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

Just put a post 'somewhere' ( a barely computer literate newbie here ) regarding the BF wagon I have and possible suspension improvements.

This thread has proved invaluable and I thank you one and all for sharing this as I feel much more able to approach my car issues with at least a bit better understanding of what I am doing and what to look for.

Anyone ever fit a sway bar in the rear of a Falcon wagon? Good bad or save my money and busted knuckles? Do the front with a stiffer bar as well?

BTW. With the spare mounted right side rear compartment due to the LPG tank taking its place underneath apparently it is normal to see more sag in the right rear leaf spring. Pedders put an extra leaf in both but a slightly stiffer one in the right side.

Wife did a great job catching a tailslide in the wet when it stepped out (its done it to me too) and I decided better tyres were needed and that improved things a lot. Seems modern tyre compounds go hard and become less grippy quite fast now with plenty of tread remaining - synthetic (non)rubber I guess.
FlyingFord is offline   Reply With Quote