View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 08:31 PM   #359
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Schumacher critical

Quote:
Schumacher's doctor slams 'experiment' claim

Michael Schumacher's doctor has slammed reports that he is using "experimental" treatment on the stricken Formula One legend.

Dr Philippe Menasche has treated Schumacher in the wake of severe head injuries suffered in a 2013 skiing accident. The seven-time world champion, who lives in Lake Geneva, received further care in Paris last month.

It is believed that Schumacher has undergone transfusions of inflammation-reducing stem cells, with Dr Menasche a pioneer of stem cell research.

The treatment was reported as being "experimental" by French media - a term that Dr Menasche strongly refuted in a new interview.

"I do not perform miracles. My team and I are not doing an experiment — an abominable term that is not in line with a serious medical view," Dr Menasche told Italian newspaper La Republica.

Schumacher's condition has been a closely-guarded secret ever since his tragic fall in the French Alps during a family skiing holiday. Reports have claimed that he is paralysed and unable to speak.

Schumacher has reportedly made several trips to Paris for treatment at the Georges-Pompidou hospital. His presence, accompanied by heavy security, was reported on by local media last month.

"Yes he is in my service … And I can assure you that he is conscious," an anonymous nurse told Le Parisien.

Formula One's head of motorsport Ross Brawn, who worked alongside Schumacher for all of his world championships, has previously asserted the family's desire for privacy.

"I am constantly in touch with (Schumacher's wife) Corinna, and I totally agree with their decision," he said.

"Michael has always been a very private person and that's been a guiding principle in his career, his life and his family always agreed with that choice.

"It's completely understandable that Corinna has wanted to maintain the same approach, even after the tragic event, and it's a decision we must all respect.

"I'm sure the millions of people who are still Michael fans will understand it, too."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/moto...cid=spartanntp

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote