View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #70
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2010 TDCI Powershift problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Me too. But,

Lurking under the black housing you can see on the front of the gearbox there is a three part system properly called the mechatronic unit. It comprises:

1) An electronic module with speed, temperature, pressure and position sensors hard wired. I call this the TCM.

2) A solenoid body containing 9 solenoids and some valves;

3) A valve body assembly.

When the TCM is removed the solenoids and valve body must come out with it.

I don't know if these sub assemblies are replaceable separately, and whether the term TCM is sometimes used to mean mechatronic unit.

Next time I visit my friendly spare parts man at Ford I'll ask how much a solenoid body costs ;-)
Work Shop Manual calls it a Transmission Control Module (TCM) and Main Control Valve Body, but the parts catalogue call it a mechatronic unit. No serviceable parts and is the valve body and TCM in one. See pic attached below.
They are about $2300 to buy complete unit.

Mondeo Trans.pdf
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: