View Single Post
Old 30-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #19
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Default Re: new victorian roadworthy laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts
when getting a road worthy the place has to take photos of your car, engine bay,speedo, interior,profile, front and rear and store them for 7 years.
I've heard something along very similar lines except that the RWC tester has to forward the pics to VicRoads.

I've also heard that soon the RWC paperwork will be simplified but will have a barcode. The RWC tester will be required to enter this barcode with the vehicle rego number and/or VIN number. VicRoads can then audit this information to see if anyone is "shopping around" for roadworthies. If garage "A" fails a car on 6 items and garage "B" fails the same car a week later on 12 items then BOTH garages will be investigated.

Another thing I've heard is that VicRoads have hired more inspectors who have an agenda to target older cars and get them off the road.

I know this sounds very alarmist but it is unsubstantiated. I heard from a bloke who heard from a bloke who heard........... you get the picture.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote