View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #45
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: oil leak behind the accessory belt & pulleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by inventiv View Post
Hm ok, I'll just push the plug back in then with the adjuster loose like that.

I was under the impression that the little plug with the allen socket on it had to be screwed into the well before the plug went back in. But I guess mine came out loose so it can just be pressed back in loose?..
When you undid that plug, the actual adjuster popped out underneath it with force right? When you reinstall the plug over that adjuster, it pushes against the tensioner retensioning the chain. Try & refit the plug back in over the adjuster & push it in, see if it feels spring loaded before the thread takes up. Once your satisfied its all good reseal & reinstall plug bolt.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: