View Single Post
Old 25-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #832
ozrunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

A few days ago I thought I spotted something strange and have just had it confirmed.

When I was in my early teens many years ago my mate was also doing his mechanic apprentiship at our local Holden dealers and I used to also go there on Saturday mornings and join the boys in the workshop. Flogging the new 327 Monaros used to be a hoot.

Many years later it was sold and they moved to new premises on the main highway. Being one of if not the longest Holden dealer in Perth they have always had good sales so all was sweet but it seems this has now taken a turn for the worse.

They have recently handed back the Holden dealership along with a host of unsold ZB's and their premises are now decked out as Mitsubishi Motors.

Wow, I never thought this would happen as they were a Holden institution and it just shows what can happen when the tide turns. I'm not sure whether being Mitsubishi will be a big improvement but obviously due diligence stacked it up more than staying as a Holden dealer in order to survive.

Whoever it was that determined that a FWD Opel should be called a Commodore will go down in history as being a total wombat.