View Single Post
Old 28-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #121
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bugatti Veyron to be updated and target 460km/hr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
IMHO these so-called "Hyper" cars have lost a signifiant part of their relevance to motoring enthusiasts. I suppose one can still admire them, but in a different way, in the fashion of say a military enthusiast who might admire tanks, or an aircraft enthusiast who admires fighter jets.
But even then, the problem is that they are nolonger functional.
Even a $50M jet has a purpose.

These cars are simply an item of Jewellery, and not even the type of Jewellery that relatively rich people might actually wear, but rather those items created purely for their expense, to be locked away in private collections.

Cars that achieved great results based on flair, experience, design skill, etc, are to be admired even when priced well beyond the reach of ordinary man. But in the modern era, when it comes down simply to computers and how much money you're prepared to sink in R&D, it just seems too easy to slip from aspirational to ostentatious.

Dunno Crazy Dazz, this owner couldn’t give two shytes mate. I wouldn’t run my Falcon through that.......gold. The video is here - https://youtu.be/xUNaQGEQwZw

chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote