View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #16
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: The Camping Thread

As others have said, a good esky and minimal gear. Our eskys will hold block ice for 7 days if they are kept in shade and only opened for meal times. We take two eskys, one for food and one for drinks, the drinks one is constantly open it loses the ice quicker. A good tarp to go over the front of the tent and extend out a little so if it rains you have somewhere to sit outside in the rain. A simple fold out table and a butane gas cooker that can also use LPG if its really cold (butane crap in cold weather).

I always check the weather before we leave and don't bother setting up a tarp if the weather is fine. We always camp in cooler areas as we are usually in the high country so we don't set up a tarp for shade. We have a canvas tent but i find ourselves using the swag every time.

I love camping in the middle of nowhere with the bush all to yourself. First pic was when we were in the high country and a freak storm came over while we were cooking dinner, makeshift cover to make dinner and then straight into bed.

fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: