View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #19
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NSW L plater speed limit lifted to 90kmh from July 1 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
A simple task for some but extremely difficult for others. Police intervention with bad drivers only works if they are still alive and/or have not killed others with incompetence.
You went straight for the obvious soft spot in my suggestion. Police intervention.

Where in the simplest of terms, the need for police intervention would no doubt be significantly reduced owing the compulsory driver training required before being let loose on our roads? There is no doubt in my mind, that you will never completely eradicate all 'poor' drivers out there, and will always need the deterrent qualities policing delivers, to keep the worst at bay.

There are no two ways about it. You cant legislate against stupidity.

IMHO the more levels of regulation you attempt to apply as described in your aviation industry based example, the more expense which then gets added to the already heavily taxed 'privilege' of motoring. I believe there are simple solutions which when sensibly applied will achieve the same net result of better educated vehicle operators and safer environments in which to operate a vehicle.
calais is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: