View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #27
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NSW L plater speed limit lifted to 90kmh from July 1 2013

I don't have a detailed scheme as such but my thoughts on the subject amount to professional tuition for all new drivers.

Not mum or dad or the mate down the road. The bad habits and lack of education in many cases are passed on and contribute to varying standards of drivers who are only semi competent.

The standard that I feel we should aspire to in todays Australia should be a professional one and should encompass what we call advanced driving from well trained instructors. Working to an established national standard.

Advanced driving as we refer to it is not actually advanced driving! It is a high level of competency that should be attained by all before driving on public roads.

It would virtually eliminate the timid, incompetent drivers that we deal with on a daily basis. It may take some people a lot longer to achieve these levels of competence but instead of having to go back to square one for failure, credit is given for the level of achievement attained allowing more intensive training for those who require it in the areas where they are weak.

It will cost to get a licence, some more than others, but once gained the licence will be valuable to the recipient and they will be more inclined to act in a manner to keep it lessening the stance the pollies have for waving the big stick. We may get more equitable road rules as a result, in time.

You mention levels of training for various agencies. The aim of the training is to train, train and train until it becomes second nature thereby allowing the brain to to be alert to any differences or nuances that may arise in the course of duty and be able to take appropriate correct action quickly. A very valuable asset for a driver.

These are only my ideas but they do come from a lot of personal training and education in this field. I don't think that they are an overnight solution but I doubt one exists.

I feel that they will go some way to improving our present situation on the nations roads.
noflac52 is offline   Reply With Quote