View Single Post
Old 27-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #2896
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Twice a year there is a big power shutdown for a high rise in town. So yes i knew i was working tomorrow. But what i hate is, my boss gets all his workers in just so he can play it down to the client saying he will get a few guys on site to try and make his company look bigger then it is. There is enough work for 4 people. 2 start at 4am and finish at 8pm, im too expensive for that these days, ive done it in the past and that sucks, but the job im on would take 2 people 4 hours. We have 6 guys on it. There are only 3 guys not on the job, but for decent reasons. 2 are interstate for work and the other is moving house. I wouldnt be so annoyed about it if it was myself and an offsider so the 4 hours is meaningful work as im the tool whore at work who has a work car so all the tools all the time, but having 6 guys all doing the bare minimum makes for a seemingly pointless day where all i will be doing is keeping track of my tools because nobody ever asks, they take. I can guarentee ill be searching for my 17mm sockets (yes i have 2 ⅜ 17s and a ½ 17) on more then 1 occasion. Work dont pay for hand tools. There are only a couple of guys i work with who i trust with my gear as they are respectful and treat things right and return things without being asked. The rest just thrash borrowed gear then chuck it in their tool bags, which are typically bare anyways. And if im not on it, i dont want going to work to get paid costing me money. I hate those days.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote