View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #2900
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I really did not like the coach light on the back of my house so i decided to do something about it. It was mounted with hollow wall anchors. So took it down, power was off clearly, stuck one of my et fingers up the hole to check for structure. Couldn't feel anything, so i drilled the eave with my 92mm hole saw. Ahh yes. Beam. The hardest downlight install ever. Chipped out the beam just enough to fit my lovely LED downlight. And in my opinion its just grot. Its the grottiest thing i have ever done. What i really hate is of the 2 people who have seen it, i never pointed out the install, both commented on how good they think it looks. Yes the coach light looked like it was 1906, but im still not happy. Its not that bad of an install, ive seen much worse. Im not a perfectionist, i just like to meet unrealistic standards for my own work. I just hate the great comments about what i consider a grot install. But its my house, so i dont care. It is something i walk past often enough and will constantly be ashamed of. I blame the person who installed the coach light 40 years ago.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote