View Single Post
Old 20-01-2022, 08:47 PM   #606
jakka351

Thumbs up Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
While we wait for someone with a GTF Instrument Cluster who's willing to extract the special firmware... @Jakka - these are the "decoded" IDs that a Mk1 Cluster handles (reading the V850 document, the hardware register that deals with these is shifted 2 bits, and to be efficient, the programmers left the data that way - so you need to divide by 4 to work out the values):

1D7 does not appear there - I reckon it's a bogus signal when the chip is first configured, especially because it's only 7 bytes, and these things are configured to always generate 8 byte messages. Sorry mate.
Interesting, CAN id 408 are.you sure that's.correct, I get it as 409 in what I've done. Also interesting that ID 313 (cabin temp sensor byte 0) from.the fdim - this can id also contains all the "switches" you can change in the various radio, rds, program types filter options in the FDIM. All the radio, cd, MP3 stuff is in there too, as that can be displayed on the MFD.

How tall a step it is from here to adding stuff here and there, eg display a small engine diagnostics menu like many newer cars have, and successfully flashing that modified firmware back into it successfully?
Steering Wheel Controls could be implemented to control the menu as well.....the list goes on.
jakka351 is offline   Reply With Quote