View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 04:28 PM   #185
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post

Under no circumstances do you get your wife to direct you into the site.
Yeah nah. I gotta put on my feminist hat there. In my entire life I've only been in a car with 3 properly incredible drivers, and my ex is one of them. I know plenty of racing drivers including a few professional ones. She could drive rings around any of them when we were younger. I guarantee she could offer clearer and more precise directions than most (if not any) men.

I have been called fast occasionally but you really don't realise how ordinary a driver you are until you've ridden alongside one of these ethereal beings.

As for the pushbikes...even on the rare occasions when they aren't _actually_ breaking the law they are certainly showing no regard for other road users. I've bent too many ears among my motorcyclist friends pointing out that even if they are in the wrong, get fined, lose their licence or even get gaoled it's still YOU that's dead or crippled. Someone really needs to let the cycling brigade in on that little secret...

Anyway, I ditched the van and now have a canopy for the AU. I'm looking at losing my flat bed trailer also. It is such a pita trying to find parking in "RV friendly" towns, and blocking all the pumps at a busy servo wins you fans...I'm planning on building a dedicated ute pod with space for a queen and separate space for air conditioner, dishwasher and combo washer/dryer. I LOVE ensuite sites. Best thing ever...

Last edited by guzzis3; 10-08-2019 at 04:36 PM.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: