View Single Post
Old 20-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #58
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
All you guys with pinging Fiesta's really just get the tune updated down at your local Ford..... assuming they are competent enough to do it but that's another story. The current Australia tunes are not as aggressive as they were early on. Ours pinged on 91 octane fuel initially but somewhere along the line got a different ie craper tune and it's run fine on 91 ever since. Lost a bit of mojo and economy with that update though. I reckon we would also do a 5 door ST but if that doesn't arrive next time wont be a Ford not because of the cars, just the dealers
Yep: should be able to, but been thru heaps if ECU "updates" to no real effect. (why the updates? I believe one was for cold starting problems on Aussie Fezs - a problem I didn't have... The others? Who knows really? They wouldn't release updates if there was nothing wrong, surely?)

And I agree about the cars/dealers comment. Every manufacturer has it's issues, most Fezs are fine - indeed the Fez is superior to the Mazda 2 but is being outsold 2 to 1, but the Ford dealer network (rip Dale Ford, for example) and Ford customer care line are simply horrendous. Hopefully those who never have an issue with their Ford will never have to know how bad things are when the word "warranty" gets mentioned....
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote