View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #81
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post

unbeknown to me the two remotes worked on either tv unless otherwise programmed....I know as much about this stuff as I do about nuclear science
Back when I was still at uni and they had just bought out those 'remotes' that went with Apple MacBooks...

We, being I.T. students, quickly figured out that they worked on ALL MacBooks...

While I now feel like a complete and utter prat for even thinking it, at the time it was rather hilarious to watch people pull out their new shiny and suddenly erupt into a rage mid-lecture as these MacBooks shut down for no apparent reason, or the volume skyrocketed as they were watching something unrelated to the lecture... yeah... we were 'those kids'... *sigh*

@AK99,

I get the same thing, except mine decides just as I start to take a shower is THE BEST POSSIBLE TIME to engage me in our financial planning for the fortnight coming, then gets annoyed when I don't know which bills are coming out on what date at what time and why the train drivers cap is BLUE not RED traveling in a north/north-easterly direction at precisely 82km/h on the Cleveland line...

Also, cleaning MY car is me being obsessive... cleaner HER car is a necessity...

A bloke at work has a saying which I've now stolen: "I don't try to understand women... women understand women ...... and they all hate each other"
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real

Last edited by grandpa_spec_F6; 08-05-2013 at 08:43 PM.
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: