Thread: Living with FEZ
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #24
mowog
Discovery 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
I wholeheartedly agree with mowog that the XR4 is a tad overrated, and while it is a decent car I think its not that much of a bump over the Fiesta Zetec I owned to warrant its purchase.

However, when he talks about it being "too slow for him," I can't help but burst out in a fit of laughter when I remember the tales of his Corolla Slowtivo... sorry, Sportivo and how thrilled with it he was! Seriously.... 2ZZ Sportivo with fart pipe lines me up in Sport Clio... 4th gear 60km/h, he goes 2nd gear 60km/h, we gun it... Sportivo hangs with me until 75 and then gets put behind.

2ZZ Celica has a go from a stop, from a roll, trying to take me by "surprise," gets put behind each time. 2ZZ Corolla Sportivo tries a mate's Megane 225 on with five people in the car, four of them 100kg blokes, and one 45-50kg chick... and gets put car lengths behind. They're extremley slow cars. They're bang on level with an XR4 in a drag, worse under brakes and worse under corners. By that logic, you should be chuffed with the XR4? The 2.0 Duratec craps all over the 2ZZ-GE from any technical standpoint you care to mention, the car brakes and handles better...

We all move on (Time you did as well) mate while I had it the Corolla was a good car I have no complaints. But I wouldnt own one again.

The 2ZZ-GE producded 141kw from 1.8l thats not a bad effort. It was let down by the factory exhaust which chokes the mid range but a simple rear muffler change fixes that.

Anyway you have made your point re-sportivo a number of times move on and find something new to carry on about.
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.