View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 08:58 PM   #12
Zxdan
Starter Motor

Red face

Recently, my LX went in for its 15k service. In the overpriced quote (upon which I elaborate upon in a new thread), was $80 for a new pollen filter (actually called a odour filter Part Num 4M5J19G244AA). Remembering reading this thread & about to go to South Africa on holiday where I was sure I could obtain it cheaper, I declined its replacement. Sure as, the quote there was for ZAR 176.13 VAT incl ie $34.50 each. A $45 difference. Needless to say, I bought two! All the stock the dealer had at the time.

Back in Adelaide, I begin the replacement procedure. I’d like to add a couple of more expletives to line 6 of 20focus05’s explanation. The whole job is a bit of a bugger. Based on my experience, I recommend you disconnect the large green plug on top & the orange one on the bottom. Just pull up on the black cap & the plug comes loose. Without removing these, I just did not have enough play for me to drop the fuse box low enough to get the filter in. Make sure you know your radio security code as you will have to input it upon connecting everything up again. Which is the situation I now find myself in. The dealer originally said that the code would be the 4 digit one that came with the spare keys, but it does not work. Its off to the dealer tomorrow.

By the way, when I finally prised off the airbox panel, there was no filter there to replace!! It had never been put in in the first place. Idiots.
20Focus05, I assume the airflow arrow points towards the passenger compartment? Please don’t tell me its got to face the other way & I have to redo the blooming thing again! :
Zxdan is offline   Reply With Quote