View Single Post
Old 14-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #216
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Haven't been in this room before so it was interesting reading your stories.
I was on one of the American forums I frequent and thought you guys may get a laugh out of this anecdote ...

"Ended up in Browning once that won't happen again!!
Here we are at a gas station around midnight in a Subaru outback with California plates and 3 Blackfoot Indians that want us to just walk away or bad things are going to happen. That is all they are telling me!! Wish I had a picture of the looks on their faces after I pulled a hand cannon out from under my jacket
Wish someone would of warned me before I ended up there! That it is not a tourist friendly town."

Things can be a little different over there! LOL
Not just over there either.
10 years ago a group of us did a 3 night paddle around the back creeks of Chowilla up near Renmark in SA.
About an hour into the first stretch upstream from the old Customs house at Murtho to the entrance to Chowilla creek on the Murray and this bloke in a tinny comes screaming up to us, pulls a shotgun and asks us what we're doing there.
We were ****ting ourselves and just said we were going camping around the area.
He said to make sure that's all we were doing and left us to it.
This was at the height of the drought we experienced 10yrs ago, turns out the local farmers were a little sensitive about their illegal pumps drawing from the Murray in the area.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote