View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 05:25 PM   #6
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

Probably, first thing you need to do is get your Mrs on side, then the rest will flow easier - the best thing to show her that she'll understand is the $$$ in replacing tyres - show her a tyre with that bad wear to the belts. To somebody not technically minded, you could be there for ever explaining suspension.

The rear springs don't add up - simplest thing out of the pack the prev owner could've done is fit one tonne rear springs - a few on here have done that to their wagons with no problem. My factory EF XR6 wagon springs are reset 5 leaf instead of the std 4 leaf and it sits 1.5 " lower than my std EL Wagon. So reset springs my a*se I'd suspect.

So your options are like the other guys have said - return it to std suspension, I'd add, do your front shocks while it's apart - surely someone on the forum has some cheap std springs to sell.
Otherwise maintain what you have, but read through the couple of RTV conversion threads on here to get an idea what properly needs to be done.

It is normal to have some scrubbing on the rear outsides, not to your extent though, of course. So long you don't have that type of wear on the insides - that means of course the prev owner was carrying too much weight and the axle tubes have bent - and it would've been a LOT of weight.
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote