View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #15
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 
Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Ok Raptor, I think we're talking about the same thing but with different terminology, basically the rear is trying to come around because it's loading up faster than the front. The solution is still the same, soften the rear or stiffen the front to correct the balance. If she'd let me remove the Bullbar or take a leaf out of the rear springs I think most of the problem will correct itself.
Not sure that we are

I'm saying you have roll oversteer due to way the rear of the wagon has been raised. Stiffer suspension and less roll will reduce the effect but brings with it other compromises.

Roll understeer (factory height or lowered leaf set-ups) results in a safe, stable steering feel.
Roll oversteer (lifted like your wagon has been) makes for an unsafe(?) nervous steering feel.

Also, as cheap has just mentioned, if the rear is higher than the front it is taking away front caster which won't help with the steeing feel either.

But that's enough fro me

Last edited by Raptor; 05-07-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote